Date:      Wed, 16 Jan 2002 20:55:53 -0000
From:      Matthew Whelan <muttley@gotadsl.co.uk>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG, "John Nielsen" <nielsenj@cs.byu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: typo in man ed (4)

------------DI8Hk+OxDPTC0PXfZp0SoI

CC'ed to docs@ who should be interested

16/01/2002 09:15:01, "John Nielsen" <nielsenj@cs.byu.edu> wrote:

>This is something that's bitten me on the two occasions I've needed to use
>it, so I'm hoping it can get fixed.
>
>In the CAVEATS section of the ed (4) manpage, it says this:
>
>     16bit Compex cards identify themselves as being 8bit.  While these
>cards
>     will work in 8bit mode, much higher performance can be achieved by
>speci-
>     fying "flags 0x04" (force 16bit mode) in your kernel config file.  In
>addi-
>     tion, you should also specify "iosize 16384" to take advantage of the
>extra
>     8k of shared memory that 16bit mode provides.
>
>If you put the word "iosize" in a kernel config file it produces a syntax
>error.  It should be "iosiz" (without the 'e').
>
>I'm not familiar with the procedure(s) for fixing typos like this, but if
>one of you could enlighten me and/or just take care of it I'd be
>appreciative.  Thanks,
>
>JN

Source for ed(4) is /usr/src/share/man/man4/ed.4, the attached patch should
fix the problem.

Normal procedure for getting this addressed would be to fire a mail at docs@
(as it is a documentation problem) and/or file a PR (using send-pr or
http://www.freebsd.org/send-pr.html)

Yours,
Matthew

------------DI8Hk+OxDPTC0PXfZp0SoI

KioqIGVkLjQJV2VkIEphbiAxNiAyMDoyOToyOSAyMDAyCi0tLSBlZC40Lm5l
dwlXZWQgSmFuIDE2IDIwOjMwOjA3IDIwMDIKKioqKioqKioqKioqKioqCioq
KiAxNzUsMTgxICoqKioKICAuRW0gImZsYWdzIDB4MDQiCiAgKGZvcmNlIDE2
Yml0IG1vZGUpIGluIHlvdXIga2VybmVsIGNvbmZpZyBmaWxlLgogIEluIGFk
ZGl0aW9uLCB5b3Ugc2hvdWxkIGFsc28gc3BlY2lmeQohIC5FbSAiaW9zaXpl
IDE2Mzg0IgogIHRvIHRha2UgYWR2YW50YWdlIG9mIHRoZSBleHRyYSA4ayBv
ZiBzaGFyZWQgbWVtb3J5IHRoYXQgMTZiaXQgbW9kZSBwcm92aWRlcy4KICAu
U2ggQlVHUwogIFRoZQotLS0gMTc1LDE4MSAtLS0tCiAgLkVtICJmbGFncyAw
eDA0IgogIChmb3JjZSAxNmJpdCBtb2RlKSBpbiB5b3VyIGtlcm5lbCBjb25m
aWcgZmlsZS4KICBJbiBhZGRpdGlvbiwgeW91IHNob3VsZCBhbHNvIHNwZWNp
ZnkKISAuRW0gImlvc2l6IDE2Mzg0IgogIHRvIHRha2UgYWR2YW50YWdlIG9m