Date:      Tue, 08 Apr 2014 06:38:45 +1000
From:      John Marshall <john.marshall@riverwillow.com.au>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: www/mod_php5: PHP scripst served by www/apache24 fails (several php ports involved)

--vx6cDBhhHCmERa0K5bK4WFotjHmLHfcIt

On 08/04/2014 00:27, O. Hartmann wrote:
>=20
> Since the extraction and creation of www/mod_php5 and a subsequent upda=
te of the ports,
> including installing www/mod_php5 (also recompilation of ALL installed =
php modules
> including lang/php5 itself with most recent ports tree) results in most=
ly every
> php-backed script installed on all Apache 2.4 servers we use with funct=
ion calls not
> resolved! It seems that some inclusion is missing somewhere but I'm inc=
apable of tracking
> it down.
>=20
> The ports/clients involved, for instance, are:
>=20
> textproc/refdb:
> Fatal error: Call to undefined function session_start()

> Am I mssing something? The problem occurs nearly on all PHP scripts.

Yes, splitting the apache module out into a separate port has been
painful. What you are seeing suggests to me that you have selected
different 'thread' options in the lang/php5 and www/mod_php5 ports.
Check the options in both ports, make them the same, and rebuild.

The Zend Thread Safe (ZTS) option installs the extensions in a different
location (.../lib/php/20100525-zts instead of .../lib/php/20100525), so
if you built PHP with ZTS and built the apache module without ZTS, it
won't find any of the extensions.

Caveat: My experience was on 2.2.27 not on 2.4

--=20
John Marshall