Date:      Wed, 20 Jan 1999 00:06:37 -0800
From:      David Green-Seed <davidg@autodebit.com>
To:        "'freebsd-current@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   dual boot problems

Here's my problem:

at 10:21pm PST (Jan 19th 1998) I cvsupped world, rebuilt, installed the new
boot blocks, and did a first-time install of an ELF kernel.  Unfortunately,
I'm
dual-booting with windows 95 using fbsdboot.exe - which I just discovered
does not work with an ELF kernel.

Has anyone encountered this problem (and what did you do to fix it) or does
anyone have any suggestions (other than getting rid of windows 95)?  I've
checked around - and the only thing that I can come up with is that NTLDR
(the windows NT loader) will boot an elf FreeBSD using the new boot
blocks...
but I don't have NT.

Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated.

David.