Date:      Mon, 28 Sep 2009 16:20:39 +0200
From:      Andrea Brancatelli <andrea@brancatelli.it>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd-advocacy Digest, Vol 295, Issue 1

Il 28/09/2009 14.38, Kevin Hatfield ha scritto:
> The simplest most effective way to grow the FreeBSD userbase is
> indemnification. Large companies that purchase RHEL/SuSE, etc. It's
> not because they "don't know what they're doing" as someone mentioned
> above. Most of the large Enterprise RHEL/SUSE contracts come down to
> indemnification with support being a bonus.

I strongly agree and also share my personal experience in deploying a
massive system (3600 distributed boxes) in which Red Hat was adopted and
FreeBSD (even if the project would actually work better under FreeBSD)
just becase "if we run out of ideas we can always call red hat italy".

This is a huge problem.....