Date:      Wed, 5 Mar 1997 16:39:27 +0100 (MET)
From:      Zahemszky Gabor <zgabor@CoDe.hu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org (FreeBSD questions)
Cc:        ted@wildeye.com
Subject:   Re: linux emulation trouble

Hi!

Please, try a little bit shorter lines in your next mail.  Thanks!

> I'm still getting "./solinst: Exec format error: Wrong Architecture" running on FBSD 2.1.6 (from CD-ROM) even after performing all the steps for emulating linux outlined in the handbook (2.1-STABLE). I rebuilt the kernel for linux emulation and unpacked linux-lib2.0.

Maybe I'm not correct, but if I know well, before 2.2, the linuxulator
cannot run Linux elf programs, only a.outs.  Try file progname to view is it
an elf, or a.out.  And of course most of the modern softwares (OK new
softwares) are in elf format nowadays.

> Do I need to upgrade to FBSD 2.2?  Did I miss a step?  Is there any way I can determine what I'm missing?  A way to analyze the binary?  Much thanks in advance...

As I said: I think yes; dunno ; dunno; the file command.

Gabor