Date:      Thu, 17 Dec 1998 19:48:18 +0000
From:      "=?iso-8859-1?Q?=DE=F3r=F0ur=20=CDvarsson?=" <totii@est.is>
To:        "freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Locale related files and environment variables

Hi there,

I have several LOCALE related questions.

Some problems started when I moved from FBSD2.2.7 to FBSD3.0 few weeks
ago and I have not got rid of those problems.

Before I used "tcsh" as the main shell because it supported our use of
8bit characters, but sh and csh did not, neither did bash.

Today I can not use tcsh now, but sh and csh do work.

I have environment "LANG=is.IS.ISO-8859-1"

What is environment variable "LC_TYPE" ?

What is in the "/usr/share/locale" directory?

What is in the "/usr/share/nls" directory?

What is in the "/usr/share/zoneinfo" directory?

>From the person that got the Accented keyboard to the syscons!
Þórður Ívarsson