Date:      Tue, 10 Feb 2004 10:10:38 +0000
From:      "mikecasa@katamail.com" <mikecasa@katamail.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   dlink dwlg520 configuration

Hi,

I have a dlink dwlg520 PCI card installed on freebsd release 5.2 machine.
I try to configure it in mode ad hoc with this command:

ifconfig ath0 inet 192.168.1.1 netmask 0xffffff00 mediaopt adhoc ssid mikele.

Then I have a netgear wg311 installed on another freebsd release 5.2 machine and I configure it with thi s command:

ifconfig ath0 inet 192.168.1.1 netmask 0xffffff00 mediaopt adhoc ssid mikele.

The machines try to ping but I see only ARP messages and I don't see ping messages.

Can you help me?