Date:      Wed, 6 May 1998 13:27:11 -0700
From:      steve.shoecraft@microchip.com (Steve Shoecraft)
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
Cc:        potok@friko.onet.pl, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re[2]: Oracle 7 on FreeBSD

--IMA.Boundary.044684498

     I'm running 3.0 SNAP right now, and would be happy to give it a try
     for you ;)

     If Oracle was installed correctly, all you would need to do would be
     to tar up the entire oracle home directory.  The oracle user (group
     dba) should have a subdirectory called 'product' in it's home
     directory, with another subdirectory (7.3.x.x...) in it.  This should
     contain the binaries (bin, dbs, rbdms, orainst, etc.).  Another
     subdirectory (in the oracle user's home) should be admin, with stuff
     like bdump, cdump, scripts, etc.  But, like I said, I don't know how
     they installed it.

     Another way to find out where the binaries are located is to examine
     your ORACLE_HOME environment variable, or look in /etc/oratab.

     All the binaries are located in ORACLE_HOME, so I can just tar that up
     and bring it over to another system.

     It'd be no problem for me to FTP the tar file and give it try...  I
     PROMISE I'll delete it when I'm done...

     - Steve