Date:      Sun, 17 Mar 2002 10:33:07 -0700
From:      Sean LeBlanc <seanleblanc@attbi.com>
To:        Mike Meyer <mwm-dated-1016790475.f72d0c@mired.org>
Cc:        Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: VCD creation questions

On 03-17 03:47, Mike Meyer wrote:
> In <Pine.BSF.4.21.0203170915540.388-100000@moritz.alleswirdgelber>, Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de> typed:
> > > it created didn't seem to be one that vcdimager liked). Does anyone know
> > > different tools that are just as good as or better than mjpegtools?
>
> I use mkvcdfs in the vcdtools package. It doesn't give you as much
> control, but the vcd's it turns out seem to work on more things.

Okay, thanks, but if my original source is AVI, I'm having trouble
converting to an MPEG that either mkvcdfs or vcdimager likes. I originally
used ffmpeg, and while it turns out an MPEG, it doesn't seem to have the
record length that is acceptable with VCD? While hunting about, I found that
mjpeg has some directions for how to create VCDs using their tools...but I
can't seem to compile the tools, so I'm still up the proverbial creek.

--
Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc@attbi.com Yahoo:seanleblancathome
ICQ:138565743 MSN:seanleblancathome AIM:sleblancathome