Date:      Sun, 4 Oct 1998 17:08:01 -0400
From:      "Feiyi Wang" <fwang2@eos.ncsu.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Gdb and thread debugging question

Hi, all

I have two questions concerning GDB thread debugging capability on FreeBSD. I
am hoping people on the list can help me to clear it.

One of my friends told me that the GDB on FreeBSD doesn't have thread support,
probably because the libc_r is not in the standard distribution, means you have
to build by yourself. And he said the thread support on FreeBSD is not
reliable. Because of these two reasons, he always make programs working on both
Solaris and FreeBSD to borrow the "dbx" debugging capability from Sun.

I wonder if his argument is true? and is there people doing relative large
project utilizing thread on FreeBSD can say something about the it's reliablity
?

P.S. I am not on the list yet, please cc to me a copy. Thanks very much.

/Feiyi