Date:      Mon, 13 Jun 2011 12:23:46 -0700
From:      Edward Sutton <mirror176@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-fs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: zfs mirror: 1 disk lost, corrupted other disk. crashes zfs tools and panics system

  Wanted to report from a state I could describe without confusion of steps=
 I had taken. Restored DD copy and ran `zpool import -fFX zroot` from the s=
ame -current disk mentioned earlier and this time it did roll back a few mi=
nutes and gave access to the corrupt filesystems. I must have touched it mo=
re with an older copy every time though I thought that was not the first ti=
me I started with -current. -X still is not defined in the manpage but is r=
eferenced a lot online.
  I still have the disk copy that can be restored in the corrupt form if an=
yone is interested in fixing issues such as scrubbing without the v28 rollb=
ack taking place. The scrub was when it got stuck in a panic on import beca=
use the scrub would resume and would cause a panic in doing so.
  Current was prone to occasional random crashes on my system so it took a =
while to copy off the data in a successful run=2C though that may be my har=
dware (which seems most stable after being up and running for a few hours u=
nder full cpu load such as boinc).
 		 	   		  =