Date:      Wed, 20 Feb 2002 13:24:07 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Aleksander Rozman - Andy <andy@kksonline.com>
Cc:        "Danny J. Zerkel" <dzerkel@columbus.rr.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Clearcase and FreeBSD

On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, Aleksander Rozman - Andy wrote:

> Note here. As I remember version 4.x works on linux (I am sure for RedHat,
> but not others). So if it works for RH it should for other too.... As for
> views, I think that only Snapshot worked.
> Why don't you use CVSUp, or are you dependent on your company??

We used CLearcase at TFS for a while..
(they may still do so) but to tell you the truth
I'd far rather use CVS.

Clearcase is too damned smart for it's own good.

It does things behind your back that are not intuitive to the average
developer. I once had it totoally crap out on me because it ran out of
disk space on some machine I'd never heard of, and had for some reason
decided to include in my build for a reason that was unclear to me..

Last I heard it didn't run to well if disconnected form the hive either.

There are companies that demand it though so if we could get it
going that would be cool, but they have their own "dodgy" filesystem
thingy that intercepts filesystem calls somehow. that could be a sticking
point.