Date:      Sun, 25 Jul 2004 13:02:20 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        bsd@afields.ca
Cc:        freebsd-config@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "Next Generation" kernel configuration?

In message: <20040725022913.GA53935@afields.ca>
            Allan Fields <bsd@afields.ca> writes:
: On Sat, Jul 24, 2004 at 04:21:10PM -0700, Jake Hamby wrote:
: > M. Warner Losh wrote:
: > >
: > >What's wrong with adding:
: > >
: > >makeoptions  MODULES_OVERRIDE="a b c"
: > >to your config file?  It is already supported.
:
: Though, I've used this before to good effect (on slow crash-box):
:
: There's no mention to specify exclusions, only what to include.  If
: you want only a few things excluded, would you not have to list
: everything else in each of the same subdirs?
:
: No biggy, and most systems build kernel/modules very quickly anyway.

I've found that typically there are a lot more you want to leave out
than you want to leave in.

Warner