Date:      Sat, 19 Feb 2000 09:32:55 -0500
From:      Walter Brameld <brameld@twave.net>
To:        "Marc Wandschneider" <marcw@lanfear.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Does KDE care what graphics card I use?

On Sat, 19 Feb 2000, in a never-ending search for enlightenment, Marc Wandschneider wrote:
> moo!
> 	so, I used to run KDE 1.1.2 under XFree86 3.3.5 on a FreeBSD 3.3 system. I
> recently switched the graphics card from an ATI XPERT@WORK graphics card to
> a Creative Labs 3D Graphics Blaster TNT2. I also upgraded the CPU to a
> 750MHz athlon.
>
> 	Now, XFree86 runs fine, and twm and xterms are kinky happy, but KDE is just
> cranky as hell -- buttons don't paint at all, clipping is pretty much a
> wreck -- menus leave turds all over the place.   Upgrading to XFree86 3.3.6
> didn't help at all ...
>
> 	Does anybody have any idea why this would all suddenly be screwed up? I'd
> really rather not have to recompile and reinstall KDE (and I'm not even sure
> that would work ....)
>
> 	Any thoughts would be appreciated!!!
>

> 	thanks,
> 	marc

Not sure why that would be. Just to reassure you, I am using a RIVA
TNT2 on XFree86 3.3.6 and KDE 1.1.2 and it works just fine. Are you
using the SVGA driver?

 --  Walter

in·tel·lec·tu·al
n. Someone who has been educated past his/her level of intelligence.
Join the Army, meet interesting people, kill them.