Date:      Fri, 15 Oct 1999 11:44:03 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org, mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   HEADS UP: pccard kernel config file changes

I've changed the attachment topography for pccard/pcic devices.  Now
pcic attaches to the isa bus to act as a bridge to the pccard device.
For historical reasons, I've left the pccard device name as "card" but
this may change to pccard in the future, but there are too many legacy
drivers to do that right now.

The upshot of all of this is that you need to change your kernel
config to

controller	pcic0	at isa?
controller	pcic1	at isa?
controller	card0

in order for thing to work.  I've tested this on my laptop, but I only
have one pccard slot.  I'm interested to hear from others that have
more than one slot.  I've also tested only on systems that have one
pcic, so I'd be interested to hear from those that have more than one
pcic in their system.  Finally, no pc98 testing has been done.

I'm trying to get things to the point where I can attach my slightly
rewritten sio code to attach by the end of FreeBSD CON.  The next rats
nest that I have to sort out is interrupts and bus resources in
general given the recent hoisting of resource allocation to the the
bus interface.  While I'm at it, I'll be trying to untangle the morass
of interconnectedness between pcic and pccard.

Warner