Date:      Fri, 9 May 1997 00:21:52 +0100
From:      Richard Tobin <richard@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
To:        Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>, Ralph-Thomas Aussem <aussem@tu-harburg.d400.de>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with bt848 in FreeBSD 2.2.1

I seem to have missed the start of this thread.

>  |If I start fxtv (version 0.42) I can hear the tv sound
>  |but I don't see anything.

What do you mean by "don't see anything"?  Is the window blank, or
is their random noise (like not being tuned correctly) or what?

Does the system work under (ugh) microsoft windows?

I take it you are in Germany?  And that you are therefore using
PAL B or G with 625 lines and 50 Hz?  I don't think there's any
relevant difference between PAL I (as used in UK) and PAL B/G;
the differences should all be taken care of by the card having
the appropriate tuner.

What video card are you using?

-- Richard