Date:      Fri, 21 Feb 2003 06:26:33 +0100
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren_Klintrup?= <skl@securehosting.dk>
To:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 5.0 Release...upgrade me servers now??

tony wrote:
> Is anyone running 5.0 on their servers yet?
> Should I upgrade from 4.x to 5.0 now or wait?

Short Answer: no

Longer Answer :
imo the FreeBSD 5.x branch isn't ready for production servers as of yet,
there is still a lot of bugs that needs to be sorted out and fixed.

You may want to read this URL, that has some explanation to what I mean :
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.0R/early-adopter.html

That said, theres some exciting features in FreeBSD 5.0 that I'm really
looking forward to, and I might set up one of the servers that customers
doesn't have direct access to and isn't mission critical with FreeBSD 5.0 to
help out in testing, but until the 5-STABLE branch is release I'm not going
to adopt my server park into RELENG_5.

Regards,
Søren Klintrup
Systems Administrator, EuroTrust Secure Hosting