Date:      Mon, 23 Oct 2000 14:22:04 -0500
From:      "Matt Bettinger" <mattb@finsyn.com>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   ppp/ipfw rules

Hello,

I am having a little trouble  setting up ipfw.  Does anyone have an ipwf
fules sketch that they use with user ppp.  I am connecting with kppp and
have read the  mostgrave concern and  the freebsd.org page and still having
some trouble.

basically all i want to allow are ssh connections and  identd 113 (for irc?)
I was searching the web and found a program called firestarter.  I would
much rather have a basic ipfw rules that someone has is using currently.
Actually that firestarteris for linux wondered if ther ewas anything like
that for FreeBsd.  (http://firestarter.sourceforge.net/faq.html)

I do not have a problem adding the options to my kernel.. the problem i
havew lie in the actual rules file so if anyone would be so gracious as to
point me in the direction as to where i may find a decent ipfw rules file i
would appreciate it.    It is just one machine on a dialup using an external
modem.  Thanks for any help.

Matt