Date:      Tue, 29 Jul 2008 21:55:14 +0300
From:      Manolis Kiagias <sonic2000gr@gmail.com>
To:        Agus <agus.262@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Update Single Port tree due MOVED....

Agus wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Yesterday while updating my ports...I don't use all-ports, i instead choose
> the ones i use from the ports-supfile, i realized that when i wanted to
> install portaudit and some other ports management utils, they weren't
> anymore on sysutils...i looked at MOVED and swa that they are now in
> ports-mgmt....But i dont have that dir...so i was wondering how can i update
> this changes on ports tree without using ports-all....

Simple, you could add ports-mgmt to your ports-supfile

> Is there a way to update de ports-supfile o r something to update and bring
> the entire ports-mgmt for instance to my ports colection?
> i assume using cvsup directly i can checkout..but i wanted to check it woith
> you first..and how can i do this...
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Agus

Another good advice for everyone not wanting to get the entire ports
tree, is to use refuse files.
Instead of enabling specific parts of the ports tree in the supfile, a
refuse file will allow you to just deny getting specific ports.
For example, say you don't want to get any of the language specific
ports (arabic, french, japanese...), you put those in the refuse file.

See an example in /usr/share/examples/cvsup/refuse and read about its
use in man csup