Date:      Thu,  5 Aug 1999 10:49:06 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        Bill Fumerola <billf@jade.chc-chimes.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: TCP stack hackers take a bow

Bill Fumerola writes:
 > On Tue, 3 Aug 1999, Ted Faber wrote:
 >
 > > http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/1999/08/990802072727.htm
 >
 > The Duke release credits one Andrew Gallatin for a couple quotes.
 >
 > Not only FreeBSD in the news, but one of our own committers. Cool.
 >
 > http://www.dukenews.duke.edu/Research/GIGABIT.HTM

Yes, my boss decided he wanted his 15 minutes of fame ;-)

I tried hard to get FreeBSD a bigger mention than the rather poorly
worded one that ended up coming out, but to little avail.  After all,
it is the BSD TCP stack that deserves the bulk of the credit; we were
basically in the right place at the right time.

It was very annoying that the person who wrote the local News &
Observer article seemed disappointed that we were not running linux &
probably because of that, didn't mention the OS at all in her article.

Cheers,

Drew