Date:      Mon, 17 Nov 1997 10:05:03 +1300 (NZDT)
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonc@pinnacle.co.nz>
To:        "Eric C. S. Dynamic" <ecsd@transbay.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: a number of random questions.

On Sat, 15 Nov 1997, Eric C. S. Dynamic wrote:

> > > 2. I've heard that Alpha is now supported. Yes? Up to 600MHz?
> >
> > no
> > you're thinking of NetBSD
>
> That's too bad. Supposedly only the kernel should care?
> Has anyone expressed an interest in doing a port?
> We were gung-ho about advertising a 600MHz FreeBSD Alpha machine
> (not to mention running such ourselves.)
> Perhaps the alpha kernel code can be ported from NetBSD?

There is an effort to port FreeBSD to the Alpha (check out the
freebsd-alpha mailing list). Unfortunately it appears to have stalled
at the moment.

> > > 7. Whatever happened to 'units'?
> > eh?
>
> 'units' was/is a program that did unit conversions ... e.g.

I vaguely recall that it may have moved to /usr/games (haven't got it
loaded, so I can't be certain)
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc@pinnacle.co.nz>   | "Vini, vidi, velcro...