Date:      Wed, 11 Sep 2002 13:33:11 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Neal E. Westfall" <nwestfal@directvinternet.com>
To:        Joshua Lee <yid@softhome.net>
Cc:        dave@jetcafe.org, <tlambert2@mindspring.com>, <jmallett@FreeBSD.ORG>, <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Why did evolution fail?

On Wed, 11 Sep 2002, Joshua Lee wrote:

> > Most people don't, but then most people's opinions are not what
> > counts, only God can tell us what is deserving of eternal punishment.
>
> It is this sort of thinking that justified the inquisition. If someone
> is going to be eternally tortured by god if nothing is done anyway,
> what's wrong with a little bit of torture on earth in order to admit
> their soul into heaven?

Sorry, but you don't know what you are talking about.  The inquisition
tortured more Protestants than anyone else.  I challenge you to provide
some proof that the doctrine of hell justified the inquisition.  Sounds
to me like you are just having emotional fits at the prospect that
sinning against an eternal God deserves eternal punishment.