Date:      Wed, 31 Jul 1996 14:11:14 -0400 (EDT)
From:      DANIEL B REID <cs932304@red.ariel.cs.yorku.ca>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   3com not detected

To whom it may consern,

First Thank you one and all for answering my floppy install question.
everything installed fine after inserting the floppy with bin.inf

again: I have read the faq made the changes to /etc/hosts resolv.conf etc.

at startup: eth0 eth1 do not detect my 3com card.
I have it jumperd to 0x300, and have probed at irq 10 and 5
I have moved the card from slot to slot with no change.
The card should be working fine but I've not ruled out a damaged
card yet. this card is not pci. I had a pci card but my adaptec
scsi adapter/ 2gb hard drive would not respond to bsd so I switched.

I'm currently using only the bin (minimal install) of 2.15 Release.
I have done -c (obviously to change how the computer is probed)

Q: what else can I try in order to get my card recognised 3c503 ?

Q: must I configure / compile my own kernel?

Q: are there any known hardware conflicts between adaptec and 3com?

Q: any other suggestions?

my humble thanks in advance

Daniel B. Reid
cs932304@ariel.cs.yorku.ca