Date:      Sat, 22 Sep 2001 11:00:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "David Hedley" <david@inty.net>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   RE: kern/30744: UDMA ICRC error results in kernel panic

The following reply was made to PR kern/30744; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "David Hedley" <david@inty.net>
To: "George Reid" <greid@FreeBSD.org>
Cc: <freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 18:53:39 +0100

 Well, yes.

 However, I don't expect the whole OS to go belly up if it gets one CRC
 error, especially if it can simply retry the request (which the code tries
 to do anyhow).

 A better solution maybe to not pass in the disklabel structure to diskerr as
 obviously some of the fields haven't been initialised (properly).

 --
 Information in this electronic mail message is confidential
 and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for