Date:      Wed, 23 Apr 2003 08:03:32 -0400
From:      jhoder@bu.edu
To:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Audio Metering

hi,

i'm running freebsd 4.7 (i have both the 4.2 and 4.7 distribution cd sets) with
the blackbox window manager, and sound recording and playback work great.

would someone recommend a simple audio metering program?  OR..

i installed gkrellmss and the meter is visible on my desktop, but how do i
point an audio source to it?  it doesn't seem to register anything from my
audio0, mixer0 sources, etc. and the gkrellm plugin documentation doesn't seem
to address this.

any suggestions would be appreciated.

john