Date:      Tue, 25 Jul 2000 16:39:48 +0200
From:      "Kenneth Karoliussen" <kenneth@karoliussen.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "odin" <nc@collector.org>
Subject:   Aliased network interface

Are there any methods for creating a *true* alias network interfaces?
I'm not talking about attached alias IP addresses to a single interface..

I really want this because I need a method for speaking with multiple source
IP address to foreign hosts, by create multiple entries in the routing table. I know
this was possible on a Linux based system by creating aliased interfaces like
eth0 -> eth0:1, eth0:2 and attach different IP addressed to the alias interfaces.

PC1 (with one psyical NIS (eth0))
192.168.1.1 <---eth0--->  Net A
192.168.1.2 <---eth0:1(alias)---> Net B
193.168.1.3 <---eth0:2(alias)---> Host A

Any other methods for achieving this is appreciated.

Cheers,

Kenneth