Date:      Thu, 2 Oct 2014 12:41:16 +0200
From:      Lars Engels <lars.engels@0x20.net>
To:        Erich Dollansky <erichsfreebsdlist@alogt.com>
Cc:        Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@freebsd.org>, freebsd-current Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD laptop compatibility list web page?

--SqO8Hf1xXlNBrDgg

On Thu, Oct 02, 2014 at 05:26:06PM +0800, Erich Dollansky wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> On Thu, 2 Oct 2014 01:48:39 -0700
> Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@freebsd.org> wrote:
>=20
> > Hi,
> >=20
> > I e-mailed Lukas Ertl <l.ertl@univie.ac> about
>=20
> I think that you to the wrong URL. The university of vienna is here:
>=20
> http://www.univie.ac.at
>=20

The Laptop Compability list was first created by Lukas and hosts at the
University of Vienna. When it wasn't maintained any longer some people
of bsdgroup.de were allowed to host and maintain the page on their
domain.
Unfortunately, bsdgroup.de isn't active for years, so eventually the
Laptop Compability List disappeared.

Given that it is outdated for a long time, we should probably let it
rest in peace and use https://wiki.freebsd.org/Laptops as a new
reference.
IIRC the old list was flooded by spammers, so at least that problem is
solved as the FreeBSD Wiki is only for registered people who have been
nodded through by FreeBSD developers.

--SqO8Hf1xXlNBrDgg

--SqO8Hf1xXlNBrDgg--