Date:      Tue, 12 Dec 2000 08:10:16 +0100
From:      Martin Eggen <martin@copyleft.no>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   ipfilter _and_ ipfirewall?

Would having the following in a kernel config work?

options     IPFIREWALL
options     IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT
options     DUMMYNET
options     IPFILTER

That is, to use ipfw exclusively for bandwidth limiting with dummynet, and
ipfilter for packet filtering?
I seem to recall that I've read a description of this, but came out empty
when searching for anything regarding the topic.

What path would packets go through the system with such a setup?

Will this work, or should I use ALTQ for traffic shaping instead when
filtering with IPFILTER?

--
Martin Eggen <martin@copyleft.no>