Date:      Sat, 22 Oct 2005 14:29:25 +0300
From:      Yousef Raffah <yraffah@savola.com>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ACPI Problem With Toshiba Tecra A4

--=-M6bW3NWo0L+/3VJA8lPN

On Tue, 2005-10-04 at 09:28 -0400, John Baldwin wrote:

> > > Now if I enable
> > > acpi_load=3D"YES"
> > > in /boot/loader.conf, I can't boot my FreeBSD as the hard disk ad0
> > > doesn't get recognized during boot and the system stops asking me to
> > > select the root partition! Which is not available of course.
> > >

> > This part is probably the issue:
> > > atapci0: <Intel ICH6 SATA150 controller> port
> > > 0x1f0-0x1f7,0x3f6,0x170-0x177,0x376,0x1100-0x110f at device 31.2 on p=
ci0
> > > atapci0: failed to enable memory mapping!
> >
> > Try booting with:
> > debug.acpi.disabled=3D"sysres"
>=20
> I don't think that will help as this dmesg is with ACPI disabled (it has =
pir0=20
> which only attaches to legacy(4)).  We would need to see the dmesg with A=
CPI=20
> enabled as a first step probably.  Yousef, if you can setup a serial cons=
ole=20
> that is probably the best way to capture a verbose dmesg with ACPI enable=
d.
>=20
I'm sorry but I can't seem to get dcons running fine over firewire :( I
managed to get dconschat fine though but I don't think it is useful as I
got it running on localhost only! Can anyone help with dcons properly?
Sorry if this is of topic

--=-M6bW3NWo0L+/3VJA8lPN

--=-M6bW3NWo0L+/3VJA8lPN--