Date:      Mon, 24 Nov 2003 19:19:31 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 40% slowdown with dynamic /bin/sh

In message: <16322.47726.903593.393976@grasshopper.cs.duke.edu>
            Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu> writes:
:
: M. Warner Losh writes:
:  > In message: <16322.46449.554372.358751@grasshopper.cs.duke.edu>
:  >             Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu> writes:
:  > : I'll bet a larger percentage of our users build ports than need nss or
:  > : ldap.
:  >
:  > I'll bet a larger percentage of the people are ignoring this thread
:  > than reading it since it has been so devoid of concrete numbers.
:
: Aside from $SUBJECT..

I'm just saying that most of the developers I'm talking to on IRC say
this tread is insane, has no content and they are blowing it off
because of that.  A concrete, real benchmark will go a long way
towards changing that.  Until then, you are as good as kill filed.

I don't say this to be mean or nasty.  I'm just saying that people are
sick to death of the arguing without any real facts.

Warner