Date:      Thu, 23 Dec 2004 22:21:59 -0800
From:      "whitevamp" <whitevamp47@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   portsdb and portupgrade causes errors

i have just updated my system to 5.3 frrom 4.9 and now every time i goto =
run portsdb , or portupgrade iget the same error message.and i also have =
a nother 5.3 box that was a fresh install of 5.3 thats getting the same =
error=20
and i have cd into /ports and ran make fetchindex .. and im still =
getting the same error message=20
and i also have just ran pkg_deinstall mozilla-gtk2 and i get this error =
here as well

I have checked this and iam doing a cvsup src all , and i have no refuse =
files in any one of the conf files IE: make.conf , pkgtools.conf=20
(INDEX builds are
not supported with partial or out-of-date ports collections -- in
particular, if you are using cvsup, you must cvsup the "ports-all"
collection, and have no "refuse" files.)=20
and i have wiped out my intire ports tree IE: /usr/ports/*  , and =
recvsuped it=20
with the same error showing up=20

so what would be giveing me this exact same error on both boxes??
portsdb -Ufu
Updating the ports index ... Generating INDEX.tmp - please =
wait..fr-mozilla-flp-1.7.3_1: "/usr/ports/www/mozilla-gtk2" non-existent =
-- dependency list incomplete
=3D=3D=3D> french/mozilla-flp failed
*** Error code 1
1 error

Before reporting this error, verify that you are running a supported
version of FreeBSD (see http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/) and that you
have a complete and up-to-date ports collection.  (INDEX builds are
not supported with partial or out-of-date ports collections -- in
particular, if you are using cvsup, you must cvsup the "ports-all"
collection, and have no "refuse" files.)  If that is the case, then
report the failure to ports@FreeBSD.org together with relevant
details of your ports configuration (including FreeBSD version,
your architecture, your environment, and your /etc/make.conf
settings, especially compiler flags and WITH/WITHOUT settings).

Note: the latest pre-generated version of INDEX may be fetched
automatically with "make fetchindex".

*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports.
failed to generate INDEX!
portsdb: index generation error

vampextream# uname -a
FreeBSD vampextream.com 5.3-RELEASE-p2 FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE-p2 #3: Wed =
Dec  8 20:33:13 PST 2004     =
root@vampextream.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/VAMPEXTREAM  i386

if theres any othere information that you need just let me know .

and thankx for any help on this issue , inadvance.