Date:      Thu, 4 Sep 1997 02:25:28 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Wes Peters <softweyr@xmission.com>
To:        "Jamil J. Weatherbee" <jamil@counterintelligence.ml.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CDROM drives in general

Wes Peters wrote:
 % Oddly enough, I've had good luck with Mitsumi CD-ROMs and FreeBSD.  They
 % are rather cheaply made, but seem to function about as well as
 % anything.

Jamil J. Weatherbee writes:

 > When you are running an audio CD and say tap the side of your box with
 > "The C Programming Language, Second Edition" moving your arm about as fast
 > as you would if you were reaching for something does you Audio CD Skip?

Yes, actually the stupid thing skips whenever I eject a floppy while the
CD is spinning.  On the other hand, we've a bunch of FX-810S and every
one of them works fine with FreeBSD with no hassles.  I haven't had that
much luck with the other junk we buy at work -- Acer and USDrive, for
instance.  Philips and Panasonic seem to do OK, as do the Mitsumi CDs.