Date:      Tue, 17 Apr 2001 00:09:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Trevin Chow <tmchow@sfu.ca>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Why do all ports want Xfree86 3.3.6_8?

While I was browsing the +CONTENTS in a bunch of ports in /var/db/pkg,
i noticed that a huge number of ports depend on XFree86 3.3.6_8. I"m just
wondering why this is the case.  I have XFree8i6 4.0.3_3 installed,
and when I tried installing the MTR port (/usr/ports/net/mtr), it kept
looking for some gtk library -- so I had to installed gtk 1.2.  After
looking at the dependencies for mtr, I noticed that even the mtr port
depends on Xfree86 3.3.6_8!  Why would all these ports depend on a version
of Xfree86 that I don't even have installed? Should I manually change
these depencies to 4.0.3_3?