Date:      Wed, 25 Oct 1995 12:41:30 -0400
From:      "Garrett A. Wollman" <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        davidg@root.com, mikebo@tellabs.com, hackers@freebsd.org, bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.1.0-951020-SNAP: Major bug in NFS again!

<<On Wed, 25 Oct 1995 06:27:33 -0700, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com> said:

> I agree - 2.1 is simply too close, though I see no reason why the
> power-users won't be able to retrofit your solution from 2.2.  Still,
> this strikes me as a problem we're going to see reported often enough
> that maybe we should make it a MIB variable instead of a kernel
> compile option, ala the net.inet.tcp.rfc* knobs we already support.

Wrong part of the MIB.  You can add support for practically any NFS
parameter you want under fs.nfs.  There should probably be a lot more;
I only implemented the statistics because of the pressing need to get
`nfsstat' working with LKMed NFS.  Someone who knows a lot about NFS
should be able to come up with all sorts of useful parameters to tune.

-GAWollman

--
Garrett A. Wollman   | Shashish is simple, it's discreet, it's brief. ...
wollman@lcs.mit.edu  | Shashish is the bonding of hearts in spite of distance.