Date:      Sun, 19 Jan 1997 16:13:41 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Utz <spaz@u.washington.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   AMD-K5-100 cache errors?

Hi gang;

	I just bought a fugutech pentium/pci/isa motherboard ( basically
an oem board, the manual has no identification whatsoever ). It has
triton2, mmx( vx? whatever ) and usb ( fully buzzword compliant :-) ).
With 32m of ram and the k5-100, i spent 250.00. I thought that was a
pretty good deal.

	So i installed 2.1.6 because i cant get the ppp install to work
with 2.2-BETA.

	My only problem is that i get sig11's when i try and compile
things :-(. Having visited the web page and the FAQ, i disabled various
caches until i discovered that disabling the internal cache eliminated the
problem. Now, is this a defective chip or is this a known problem with
using the k5 and freebsd? The problem only manifests itself during
compilations.

	Any suggestions vastly appreciated. tnx!

 John Utz	spaz@u.washington.edu
	idiocy is the impulse function in the convolution of life