Date:      Fri, 22 Dec 1995 12:57:54 -1000
From:      "Peter Stubbs" <peters@staidan.qld.edu.au>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   dialin & dialout ppp

Hi all,

I'm having some trouble trying to configure ppp on my 2.0.5 system.
It works fine when connecting to my ISP, and has been fine for 6
months.

Now I'd like to be able to dial into my system and get a normal login
shell, ( which works fine ) and then start pppd if I want to (which
doesn't seem to work)

The problem arrises from the /etc/ppp/options file being read before
the command line options. The options in /etc/ppp/options contain a
defaultroute so I don't want all the network traffic coming down my
neck!

I guess I could get rid of /etc/ppp/options & always specify options
on the command line. I don't want to use ijppp, but do I have to?

TIA
Peter

Peter Stubbs, St Aidan's AGS. ph +61-07-3379-9911, fax +61-07-3379-9432