Date:      Fri, 20 Jun 1997 17:28:55 -0700
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   2.2-stable IPFW warning

To fix some unrecoverably broken stuff in the firewall
cade it was necessary to implement the same interface through
a different method. this means that the ipfw program must match
the kernel. Hopefully this is the last time this will be needed.

The change has been tested and is in production here at whistle.

I guess other programs that hit the firewall rules (e.g. natd)
might need to be recompiled for the next 2.2 release
I'll make (or help with) the changes if I can track them down..

I don't like making a change like this to -stable, but I couldn't
see a way around this one and it's ramifications are limited to a
small audience.

julian