Date:      Mon, 21 Dec 2015 13:36:35 -0500
From:      Ricky G <ricky1252@hotmail.com>
To:        Chris H <bsd-lists@bsdforge.com>, "freebsd-ports@freebsd.org" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: will the use of GitHub ever be fully explained?

 Hey there Chris=2C
 I actually invested some time figuring this out. When the GH_TAGNAME is us=
ed=2C that hash will be downloaded instead of the PORTVERSION. Pretty much =
the PORTVERSION variable is ignored other than the fact that is will be pac=
ked as ${PORTVERSION} so it is important to keep TAGNAME and PORTVERSION in=
 sync.