Date:      Mon, 22 Jul 2002 06:31:54 -0700 (PDT)
From:      dadem <dadem11@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org

hi,
i am a new FreeBSD user, and I have a problem with
Java in FreeBSD, if you help me, I will be so happy...
I have downloaded JDK1.1.8 for FreeBSD and installed
it. when I wrote a java file to test JDK, it compiled
my java program(by using the "javac file-name.java"
command) correctly and create .class file, but after I
said "java file-name" it said :
ld.so failed: Cannot find shared library
"libX11.so.6.1"

then i searched for this file from the internet and
got it, and saved it to
jdk1.1.8/lib/i386/green_threads/libX11.so.6.1

but now after creating .class file when I said
./java class-name
it said bad magic number in
jdk1.1.8/bin.lib/i386/green_threads/libX11.so.6.1

now, I want your help to solve this problem
waiting for your reply
thank you for your help,

Adem Delibas