Date:      Sun, 17 May 1998 15:08:54 -0700
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: nfs exported FreeBSD cvs repository, mounted on client, update problems

> > > cvs -R <blah>
> > >
> > > Naturally, avoid doing this while CVSup is running.
> >
> > CVSup neither creates locks nor pays any attention to them.
>
> Exactly.

I figured you knew all about that.  But I wanted to make sure folks
realized that the "-R" flag to CVS doesn't make any difference as far
as CVSup is concerned.  In general, it's best to avoid CVS operations
while CVSup is updating the repository.  CVSup is careful to update
each individual file atomically.  But that's not always enough, e.g.,
if you're trying to do a commit on the client side at the same time.

John