Date:      Mon, 11 Nov 2002 19:07:00 -0600
From:      Thomas Kernes <tkernes@buckwestern.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   X = black screen

I have FreeBSD 4.6 running on an Intel 815 board with integrated video.  I
have read the 'handbook' concerning the advanced procedure that needs to be
done to allow X to use the 810 board.  The problem is, I still can't get
anything to display.

When I 'startx' I get a black screen and ctrl-alt-backspace won't even break
out of it.  I have changed the .xinitrc to 'exec twm' instead of gnome.  I
have gone through the configuration numerous times and with no luck.

Maybe I am missing something, but I have tried all of the resources I can
find on the Net and in the book.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you.

--