Date:      Sat, 22 Mar 2008 11:22:56 +0100
From:      Thomas Hummel <hummel@pasteur.fr>
To:        Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@optushome.com.au>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gnucash and goffice

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 07:53:30AM +1100, Peter Jeremy wrote:

> I've bumped into this as well.  I suspect you did a portupgrade of
> goffice recently and that updated it from 0.4 to 0.6 - which (AFAIK)
> gnucash won't work with.

Yes. But the old (before upgrade to 2.2.3_3) gnucash-2.2.0_1 depended upon
goffice-0.6 (at least, that's what pkg_delete goffice-0.6.2 told me). Why is
that the newer gnucash package would depend upon an older goffice package ?

> When you then tried to upgrade gnucash, it
> re-installed goffice 0.4 (as a dependency) but detected goffice 0.6
> during its configure.

Exactly.

> My solution was to remove gnucash and both goffice packages and then
> just rebuild gnucash (which will reinstall goffice 0.4).

It works indeed. I was just hoping there was a cleaner way of fixing things.

Thanks anyway !

--
Thomas Hummel