Date:      Tue, 16 Feb 1999 09:14:29 -0700
From:      Greg Skafte <skafte@worldgate.com>
To:        Keith Anderson <keith@apcs.com.au>
Cc:        john@ncl.net.au, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Radius bug ?

Quoting Keith Anderson (keith@apcs.com.au)
On Subject: Radius bug ?
Date: Tue, Feb 16, 1999 at 03:46:28PM +1100

> Hi John
>
> Hope you don't mind this question
>
> I have just started using the FreeBSD Radius port and found a problem.
>
> In my system every 15 minute a new 'users' file is created for radius.
>
> To get (radiusd-cistron-1.5.4.3) to read the new file I have to kill radiusd and
> start it up again.

	cistron was design to do things fast.... the fastest way to process
	a file is in memory, so cistron reads the dictionary, users file, and
	client file into its memory..... if you change these files you have
	to reload the daemon.

	if you have your hints file setup correctly and select the default
	users correctly you shouldn't need to reload the users file
	every 15min.

	the only exception would be if you had CHAP passwords in the radius
	file and were changing them every 15min....

Email: skafte@worldgate.com	  Voice: +403 413 1910	  Fax: +403 421 4929
   #575 Sun Life Place * 10123 99 Street * Edmonton, AB * Canada * T5J 3H1
When things can't get any worse, they simplify themselves by getting a whole
lot worse then complicated. A complete and utter disaster is the simplest
thing in the world; it's preventing one that's complex.       (Janet Morris)