Date:      Sun, 12 Dec 1999 17:35:56 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        "Roger W." <spiffer@eclipse.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: printer problems using 3.4RC kernel

You're not clear about what you're printing, where you're printing it to,
or what the actual output looks like, but these symptoms are entirely
consistent with you trying to print plain text or some other encoding to
the printer.  You need to ensure that you're actually printing to the
correct printer device.