Date:      Mon, 14 Apr 2003 16:28:16 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Joseph Maxwell <jemaxwell@jaymax.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SIGNAL 11 ==> core dump

--d6Gm4EdcadzBjdND

On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 06:07:29AM -0700, Joseph Maxwell wrote:
> Hello,
> Running memtest86, currently as we speak, errors are showing up on the mo=
ving inversion test. Now,  what criteria should be used for 'tossing' the c=
hips (I have 2-256Mb DIMM), is there an acceptable fault tolerance limit or=
 is it a "ZERO" tolerance?

If memtest86 shows any errors at all --- even if you have to run
several test cycles to get the errors to show up --- then you need to
replace the memory (or there is a faint possibility that you may need a
new CPU).  It's worth swapping out the sticks one at a time to see if
the fault is localised to one of them.  Speak to your supplier: most
components like memory or CPU have a 3 year warranty.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
                                                      Savill Way