Date:      Sun, 17 Jun 2001 18:13:01 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Michelle Brownsworth <michelle@eugene.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, unsafe at any speed <erich@ucsd.edu>
Subject:   Re: PCMCIA startup question

Michelle,

I'm happy to hear that -z did the trick. I really think that this should be in
/etc/defaults/rc.conf. I've yet to see a good reason not to use the option.

The "Code nnn not found" and Code Unknown ignored messages indicate that the
dump of the card's CIS included some unknown type codes. The messages are
generated by pccardd. I have a suspicion that there may be a problem with the
address where pccardd looks in iomem for the CIS data.

--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)