Date:      Tue, 20 Mar 2001 03:31:37 +0100
From:      Roelof Osinga <roelof@eboa.com>
To:        Daniel Mester <DanielM@EverAd.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Qmail or Postfix

Daniel Mester wrote:

> Hey,
> i supposed to put gateway-smtp that will be in DMZ and filter
> smtp-traffic. I'm not so friendly with Sendmail. It will be used on
> FreeBSD 4.2 (x86). The traffic is not really high - it's only 80 people
> company. So what's the preferred qmail or Postfix?
> Additionally : if i would need really high loaded smtp host (for sending
> newsletter for all members, for example) - what it would be?

Are you referring to internal troops DMZ or external troops idea
of DMZ? If I were external troops and gotta to choose, I would sure
know what meaning I would pick!

Love them DMZ's I'ld do <g>. Easy pickings. What you need is a gateway
SMTP that's a member of the National Guard!

They're both up to the task. What you've gotta decide is whith which
you're most comfortable.

As to high loads... The one claims 100K emails the other 1M emails.
How many can 80 people produce? Unless they're all armed to the
teeth with heavy spam armament, of course. But then, in a DMZ? Nah... ;)

Roelof

--
Nisser home -- http://nisser.nl/