Date:      Wed, 17 May 2000 08:24:57 -0400
From:      "MG_Tak" <mgtak@crosswinds.net>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   yale-tftpd problems.

	Good morning,

	I have an Xterm at home that I'm trying to boot
from my FreeBSD machine. It can either use NFS or tftp
to boot. Considering that I don't know much about NFS,
I decided to give Yale's tftpd (/usr/ports/ftp/yale-tftpd)
a try.

	It compiled just fine, but when I try to run it,
with tftpd -s /usr/home/tftproot/ , it doesn't return any
kind of message. Instead, I get a message sent to root that
tftpd is trying to perform a non-socket operation.

	Does anyone have an idea what I'm doing wrong, or
what could be wrong? Should I try to find another tftp
daemon? If so, a couple of suggestions would be largely
appreciated. Or should I just forget about tftp and use
NFS instead?

	Thanks for your time,

	MG_Tak