Date:      Wed, 20 Jan 1999 10:53:06 -0000
From:      paul@originative.co.uk
To:        peter.jeremy@auss2.alcatel.com.au, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Directory structure on current.freebsd.org

I think the architecture names are more appropriate than any cpu related
name. For the alpha, while we might all use alpha in everyday speech axp
is more specific when it comes to releases since the alpha release of
the alpha code can get a tad confusing, I think that's why it was
changed in the first place. It'd be nice if i386 could become IA32 but
it probably won't happen.

Paul.