Date:      Mon, 7 Jan 2002 13:34:04 +0100
From:      Rogier Steehouder <r.j.s@gmx.net>
To:        tim <tim@lost.net.au>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Can I rename root?

On 07-01-2002 17:16 (+1030), tim wrote:
> Oops, I referred to the wrong person. For "Cliff"  read "Rogier".
> Apologies :-)
>
> On Mon, 7 Jan 2002, tim wrote:
>
> t> However - Cliff, I at least would be interested in the results of
> t> your experiment, to know which applications it breaks :-)

A certain Ceri pointed out to me that init assumes the name 'root' and I
believe this program to be sufficiently important to give in to it.
I have to add that in the few days I used the other name I had no
noticable problems (after editing a few config files), but I had no
reason to boot single-user for example, so it is not entirely
representative.

With kind regards, Rogier Steehouder

--
/ \                  r.j.s@gmx.net                  //  \